Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Countdown to Teacher Training

I start my first yoga teacher training module tomorrow with Dolly Stavros. I'm really excited, although six 12-hour days seems a bit daunting. It's going to be an adventure, that's for sure.

I never, ever would have thought I'd be doing this. But when you allow your mind to be open to new interests and get outside your routine a little bit, you often discover a whole new world out there. That's kind of what happened to me. I'm the furthest thing from the traditional yoga devotee, but I'm finding that it is a practice that is so malleable that it really can work for everyone in varying degrees, and still have overwhelmingly positive benefits.

Given that I will be in class all day over the next six days, I'm not sure if I'll be able to blog much, or if I'll even have the energy when I get home. I'm taking my camera, though I don't know if there will be opportunities for photos or videos—I plan to be ready just in case. So if you come back and there's nothing going on until at least next Tuesday, I'm off learning yoga and I'll be back!

No comments: