Sunday, March 25, 2007

Progress?

Ouch...I've tried Pincha Mayurasana (Forearm Balance) a bit too much...I have a scab on my left elbow. Gross, I know! But practicing in front of my bed was a good idea. It does allow you to feel the full wobble of this asana with some safety as you can't go fully over. But I am hellbent on nailing this asana, damn it! Will likely take me a while, but I'll get there. It's definitely a "power" pose, which makes it all the more interesting to me. I keep telling my trainer that I need more muscle, but I know that's not all it. There's a lot of belly involved as well, and although I'm working the abs regularly, it takes finesse and control to get arms, belly, and mind to work all together.

Other than trying Pincha Mayurasana and teaching my kids class yesterday, I've done no yoga since Thursday, and it really sucks. I've decided that I'm going to have to take next week off from yoga and cardio, otherwise, I'm never going to make any progress in the knee department. Since I've cut back, the knees have been feeling better, so I'm hoping a solid week of ice, ibuprofen, and being idle will clear up the inflammation enough for me to get on with my life. God, please, I PRAY it helps. I hate being so inactive! I can feel the pounds creeping on. Of course, martinis all weekend long doesn't help, but it was so gorgeous, who can blame a girl for wanting to kick back outside with her favorite libation...